1. Shigeru Miyamoto
- Created Mario
- Visionary behind Zelda. The Legend of Zelda was the RPG (Role-playing Game) which took RPGs to a greater height.
2. Hideo Kojima
- Contributed to making games more cinematic.
- Giving life & story to games by inculcating incredible cut scenes.
- Major work: Metal Gear
3. John Carmack
- Godfather of FPS (First Person Shooter)
- Due to him, we are now living in a world where we have first person shooters like CounterStrike Call of Duty & Battlefield2 etc.
4. Will Wright
- Brought gaming to casual gamers, to those who just wanted to play for fun.
- Major work: Sims
Source: MUO [Makeuseof.com]